Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: ebay problem

  1. #1
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    Ok well this may not really be a problem yet, but the lady that sold the 1998 play outfit said she sent off the package when I asked her. She never left feedback yet- I don't know if she's waiting for me to leave it first but I haven't gotten the package yet and I only have tomorrow and maybe Friday that I could get packages. I don't know what I should do if I don't get it by Friday because I leave for home on Saturday...

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Unfortunately, some eBay sellers refuse to leave feedback until the buyer does. In my opinion, this makes me feel as if they are very insecure and are using their feedback holdout as a "weapon" of sorts to hold over the buyer's head and make sure the feedback left for themselves is positive. I am much more at ease with sellers who leave feedback for the buyer when they have received payment for the sale.

    That said, I hope this all works out for you and that your package arrives before you leave for home. Just make sure you leave a forwarding address with the post office (fill out one of their change of address cards). That way you can be sure of the package getting sent right on to you instead of being delivered to your current address. If you don't get the package before you leave, I would recommend emailing the seller, and explaining what has happened. Good luck!

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 10, 2006 09:32 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member StephanieS's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 30th, 2006
    Posts
    279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Did she use a tracking number/delivery confirmation? If you pay by paypal the seller is required to use delivery confirmation. Ask the seller, at least that way the post office can track it, and it would prove that the seller actually mailed it.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member AG Seamstress's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    JeanetteM........As a seller, I NEVER leave feedback until I know my buyer is happy with their purchase. To me, that only makes sense.
    Once an auction ends, and payment is received, the item is mailed, buyer receives item and is either happy or not. Any problems need to be ironed out BEFORE feedback is left on either side.
    This only makes sense, to me. As a buyer, I don't expect a seller to leave me feedback until I leave feedback saying I'm pleased with the transaction. I don't believe any buyers, or sellers, should think of feedback as a "weapon" to hold over anyone. Some people never leave feedback, and that's their choice. Feedback is totally VOLUNTARY. Ebay encourages feedback, but it's not mandatory.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member sewfancydolldesigns's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 9th, 2005
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by AG Seamstress:
    JeanetteM........As a seller, I NEVER leave feedback until I know my buyer is happy with their purchase. To me, that only makes sense.
    Once an auction ends, and payment is received, the item is mailed, buyer receives item and is either happy or not. Any problems need to be ironed out BEFORE feedback is left on either side.
    This only makes sense, to me. As a buyer, I don't expect a seller to leave me feedback until I leave feedback saying I'm pleased with the transaction. I don't believe any buyers, or sellers, should think of feedback as a "weapon" to hold over anyone. Some people never leave feedback, and that's their choice. Feedback is totally VOLUNTARY. Ebay encourages feedback, but it's not mandatory.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I totally agree and follow the same procedure myself on items I sell.

    Patricia

  6. #6
    Inactive Member kikilives's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2006
    Posts
    312
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hope you get your package. That said I'll give my [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img] on the whole feedback issue. I have both bought and sold. As a seller I leave feedback as soon as someone pays and as a buyer I leave it after I have recieved my package and had time to look it over. I totally understand what you are going through. Right now I am checking daily to see if a woman has left me feedback for something that I bought from her. I would like to leave nuetral for her because she hasn't answered several of my e-mails and she specifically misrepresented something about the auction. I also have a feeling she lied about the origin of what I bought but no proof. Despite her positive feedback she does seems to leave alot of nuetral and negative for others or I would have left it by now. I have a feeling if I go ahead and leaver her the feedback I want to she will leave me negative as payback. Don't you hate it when people bug you about leaving feedback? Errrrr Anyways, good luck with the package and have a safe trip home!

  7. #7
    JenniferRobin
    Guest JenniferRobin's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by StephanieS:
    Did she use a tracking number/delivery confirmation? If you pay by paypal the seller is required to use delivery confirmation. Ask the seller, at least that way the post office can track it, and it would prove that the seller actually mailed it.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, no, they are not. Paypal has no say over how you ship an item, although there is no question that delivery confirmation is in everyone's best interest. Unfortunately, a lot of sellers continue to ship the "old fashioned" way, and I hate it when they do that! I have had more packages from ebay lost that way (no delivery confirmation). If this item had been shipped using Paypal shipping with delivery confirmation, the buyer would have received an email indicating so. Since she has not heard from the seller, I would have to assume that the seller did not use Paypal shipping. Too bad. I hope it shows up soon.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member ColonialGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2005
    Posts
    226
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The last e-bay seller I bought from hasn't left me feedback either. Everything went great and I left very positive feedback as the buyer. I'm sure the seller is just busy or something, but I'd like to get feedback at some point.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •